Below are some instructions and resources to get yourself and your team up and running with Timeular.
Setting up a team:
As an introduction to working with a team in Timeular (which is a feature we call Shared Spaces) we have a 2 minute video you can watch here:
Download and install the Timeular Software:
- Download our software at timeular.com/download .
- Install and start the software.
- Log in with your email and the password you picked during your order on our shop. If you don't have one: create a new account by following the "Sign Up" button.
Assign the Pro subscriptions:
You can now assign your Pro subscriptions to yourself and your team members. Please note that the "My Account" area and the Timeular app use two separate sets of credentials.
To assign a Pro subscription to your Timeular app account, or to another user's Timeular app account, follow these steps:
- Head over to the "My Account" area which you find in the footer of our website.
- Log in with your email address and the password that you created during the checkout process when purchasing the Pro subscription(s).
- Click on "Subscriptions" in the menu bar on the left.
- Enter the email address that you want to assign the Pro subscription to in one of the empty slots (see video below). This will be the email address that you or your colleague use to log in to the Timeular app.
- Click on the "save" icon next to the email address to save your input.
6. We then send an email to the address entered in step 4 informing that person that they have just been assigned a Pro subscription. They will need to download the app and create an account with that same email address in order to use the Pro software, if they haven't already.
If you want to remove the Pro subscription simply hit the little "X" next to the email address. That account will then be downgraded to the Basic Plan. By doing so you free up a subscription slot which can then be assigned to another Timeular user.
Set up the Shared Space(s):
We have a 16 minute webinar available that runs through how to utilize Shared Spaces which is available here:
Make sure you're using the latest version of our desktop app (which is available here) and then click on the "+ Add Space" (#1 in the screenshot below) button that appears at the top of both the Calendar and Insights tab.
When you're adding a space you'll need to select an icon to represent the space (#1), give the shared space a name (#2), and then click on the Create Space button (#3) to create your new shared space.
Once you've created your shared space you can invite people to join. In shared spaces there are two types of users: Admin and Member. You are automatically an Admin if you are the creator of the shared space.
Admins can do things like create activities within the shared space, define the tags that can be used within the shared space, and edit and delete Activities and Tags. Admins can also up/downgrade users to Admin or Member status after the invitee has accepted and joined the space, in addition to removing people from a space.
Members are able to track time entries using the Activities that the Admin(s) have created as well as use space-specific tags that the Admins have setup (if any) but not edit or delete them.
To invite a user enter their email address (#1), check the Admin box off (#2) if you want this person to be an Admin (if it is left un-checked the invitee will be a Member), and then click on the Send Invite (#3) button. The invitee will appear in the members list as (pending) (#4) until they have accepted the invitation (they will receive an email notification).
Once you have your Admin(s) and Member(s) invited you can begin to define the tags that will be used in this shared space. These tags are space-aware so any Space Tags that are added here will only be applicable to the activities within this space.
To add a tag to your shared space enter the tag name, including either # or @ (#1), and click the Add tag button (#2). The tag will appear in a list (in alphabetical order) once it has been added successfully. If you need to edit or delete a tag you can click the pencil icon beside the tag (#3) and either make your changes and save by clicking the check mark icon, or delete the tag by clicking the trash can icon.
Now we can add activities to the shared space. To do so, click on the "+ Add Activity" (#1) button below the space name. Give your activity a name (#2), select a colour (#3) and click the "Add" (#4) button to create the activity. Repeat this process as many times as necessary until you have created all of the desired activities within the shared space.
Congratulations 🎉 your new shared space is now setup! If you click on the Calendar tab you can now begin tracking your shared space activities and add space-specific tags within the notes as well!
If you encountered any issues or if you have any questions at all please reach out to us at [email protected]