(if you prefer to read this article in German, please click here)
What’s in the box?
- One beautiful ZEIº.
- Two different sticker sheets (with icons and abstracts).
- Erasable pen for writing on your ZEI°.
- Eraser to remove your writing/drawing.
- Bluetooth dongle for Windows users ONLY (please don't plug it in until you're requested to do so by the software; please ensure you read this important information).
- The ZEIº Base (put your ZEI° into the base if you want to stop tracking; Note: the black button on your ZEI° needs to be in a horizontal position)
First, install and download the Timeular Software:
- Download our software at timeular.com/download .
- Install and start the software.
IMPORTANT: If you are using Windows please either use the default install location or make sure you install the Timeular software in a separate empty folder.
- Log in or create an account by following the "Create Account" button.
Second, connect your ZEIº:
- Click on the gear icon to get to Settings > ZEIº Device.
- Press on the left side of the black button on your ZEIº device. The LED starts blinking blue.
- Click on “Pair” in the Timeular software.
- Your ZEI° is now paired. When you see a button saying "Disconnect" you know that your ZEI° is connected.
Third, create and assign your first activities:
- Click on the Timeular icon to head over to the activities view. Click “+” on the top to create your first activity.
- Once you have named your first activity and chosen a color for it, click on "Add" in the top right corner.
- You can now assign this activity to the side of your ZEIº which is currently facing up by switching the slider to the right. A "on top" label will appear, indicating that you successfully assigned this activity to the side of your ZEIº which is currently facing up. Your first activity will automatically start tracking.
4. Now label this side of your ZEIº according to the activity that you assigned to it (so that you know later which side belongs to which activity).
5. Now turn your ZEIº to a different side and repeat this process for the other activities that you want to assign.
Tip: You can create as many activities as you want but only assign up to 8 at a time. Creating more can be useful when you track activities manually without the ZEIº.
If you're working on more than 8 activities or projects at a time, read here for how to create subprojects.
Note: ZEI° will go into sleep mode if it's not connected to the software for more than 30 secs. For example, if you're taking a lunch break and your computer goes into standby mode, ZEI° will lose its connection with the software and will therefore turn itself off to save battery. When you return from your break, simply press the black button on your ZEI° once to turn it on again and you can continue tracking.
Congratulations, you're all set up! Now, track all the things and soon you'll be able to save a lot of time.
At the end of the day, just put your ZEIº into the base and it will stop tracking.
(Note: Please ensure that the black button on your ZEI° is in a horizontal position when you put the device into the base.)
If you need help, don't hesitate to contact us via email@example.com or through the chat box on the bottom right of this page.