This article will help you get to know the main view of the Timeular application.
This view is called Calendar tab and will help you track your time and get a good overview about how you've spent your time during the week.
The Calendar tab consists of the following three areas:
- The activity list shows all of your created or imported activities. Clicking on an activity will start tracking a time entry for this activity.
- The calendar view shows all the time entries that you've tracked this week and the current tracking time entry.
- The edit drawer appears upon clicking on a time entry. Here, all the details of a time entry can be edited.
All your tracked time entries of this week appear in the Calendar tab
Time entries can be created by either:
- Tracking manually by clicking on an activity.
- Tracking with your Tracker.
- Clicking on the week view, holding down your mouse button and dragging.
- Single-clicking inside the week view.
Sizes of time entries
Time entries always try to show as much information as possible.
- If a time entry is very small, only the activity-color is shown. You can see more details by hovering your mouse over this time entry.
- If a time entry is small, the activity name is shown. Also here you can get additional information by hovering your mouse pointer over the time entry.
- Bigger time entries also show the duration and (if there is any) the notes for this time entry.
How to edit Time entries
You can start editing a time entry by clicking on it. After clicking on it, the edit drawer will open on the right-hand side.
In the edit drawer, you can edit every aspect of a time entry.
If you only want to edit the start or end time of a time entry you can simply do this by dragging the start or end of a time entry.
Time entries can also be moved to different days by clicking on them, leaving the mouse button pressed and then moving them to the desired destination.
How to edit currently tracking time entry
The start time of a currently tracking time entry can be edited by dragging it. Further details like the activity and the start date can be edited by clicking on the currently tracking time entry.
Zooming is a very important aspect of the Calendar tab. By default, the zoom level is set so you get a good overview of your workday and week. To get a more detailed and accurate insight of a particular timeframe, you can zoom in by simply clicking the "+" button in the bottom right corner. Similarly clicking on the "-" button will zoom out further and thus give you an even better overview.
Depending on the zoom level, short time entries will be grouped together. If the time entries are of the same activity, the group will have the color of this activity. If they are from different activities, the group will be grey.
Hovering your mouse pointer over a group will display a pop-up with detailed information. Clicking on a time entry inside the group will zoom, so the time entry is fully visible.
When creating a time entry via dragging or manipulating the start or end time of a time entry via drag, we've implemented a system to assist you. The dragged part will always either snap to one of the grid lines or to the next time entry. The grid lines are dependant on the current zoom level. The further you zoom in, the finer the granularity of them.
A fundamental concept of the Timeular application is that there can only be one time entry for a given timeframe. So when you manipulate a time entry so it overlaps with another one, a conflict will be shown. If a change causes a conflict, the change cannot be saved, until the conflict is resolved.